To highlight and support the talented local authors both in our community and across Westmoreland and surrounding counties, we are happy to create a “Local Authors Shelf” in the library near the New Books area.
Authors interested in having one of their books placed in our collections should complete and return this form with a donated copy of their book.
Terms and criteria:
- The Authors Shelf is for works published within the last five years by authors who live in or have a long standing connection to Westmoreland county or a surrounding area.
- Books must be professionally bound and available for purchase through a traditional retail or online publishing company.
- Fiction and Non-Fiction books should be 100 bound pages or greater.
- Children’s books must be at least 28 bound pages.
- Books of poetry should be at least 50 pages.
Books that begin to physically deteriorate will be removed from the collection. Authors can search our online card catalog at www.norwinpubliclibrary.net to determine if their books are still in circulation.